Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mae's Arrival, Part 2

If you missed it, here's Mae's arrival, part 1.

Once Mae was born and checked out, they handed her off to me. I was so excited to have my hands on my sweet girl! Jared went to get Arabelle and Bo from the waiting room, so we could tell them if they had a new brother or sister. They both walked in really quietly and stood right beside the bed. When I told Arabelle she had a baby sister, so was SO excited! She squealed a little and then looked at Bo and said "You were wrong!". haha! Bo just kept holding his arms out saying, "I want to hold it". 

Then Jared went to get the rest of the family and accidentally left me alone in the room with all 3 kids. Oops! Luckily, Bo only tried to climb on the bed and didn't jump right up on us.

Arabelle was pleased to tell everyone that it was a sister!



My 2 girls!!

Bo wasn't really interested in taking pictures. Notice he's wearing a swim suit....he is ALWAYS wanting to wear one these days and unless we're going to church or somewhere special, I let him.


Before going for a bath and some time in the warming area of the nursery.....she still looks a little grayish here.


After Mae nursed for about 30 minutes, the nurses took her to the nursery for her full assessment, bath, and to be warmed up. Bo and Arabelle enjoyed watching through the window. 

 I LOVE this one. :)

Daddy and his first girl.

Getting Bo excited about having a sister:




Mamaw and Papaw with their 8th grandchild (2nd granddaughter)

Arabelle and Bo had a t-ball game Monday evening, so they stopped by to see Mae one more time before going home. Do you think Arabelle is a proud big sister?


Leigh Leigh with her 6th grandchild and 4th granddaughter (Mae looks extra chubby here to me!).

Sambo:

Bo gave her some kisses too.



Mae and I spent Monday night in the hospital. I forgot how nice it is to have the nurses bring her in for feedings, then take her back to the nursery for her diaper changes, etc. I got a bunch of rest Monday night, especially considering I went to bed there at 8:30. 

Jared came back Tuesday morning and we finally chose her name, Eliza Mae. Mae is after my great-grandmother, Lora Mae Love. We just liked the name Eliza, which is a short form of Elizabeth, meaning God's Promise.

We were discharged Tuesday, around 11 and headed home! Mae wore a blue dress that was mine when I was a baby. Arabelle was sure to choose the blue one, which is her favorite color. 


And big sister was so happy to have her home! Not that Bo wasn't, he just didn't care a whole lot. ;)


2 comments:

  1. Typical of boys! Noah doesn't care all that much for babies. He loves them, but he doesnt' dote like Lizzie does.

    She's gorgeous and your family is so precious. I'm so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure it's safer now if Bo doesn't care much about interacting with her anyway!

      Thanks so much Heather! <3

      Delete