Zeke turned 8 months old on Sunday, January 17th. I keep catching myself thinking he's still a tiny baby, but he's quickly turning into a big boy with all his new tricks and skills.
- Zeke is a growing boy! I realized his 9 mo. clothes were getting short when it got COLD a few days ago and all of Bo's old 12 mo stuff was for summer. Oops! So, I used his Christmas money (thanks Aunt Dawn!!) and got him some 12 mo winter clothes, so he is all set.
- He is in the same daily routine as at 7 months. He is up around 7, awake for 2 hours, naps for hopefully 1.5 h, then is awake for about 3 hours, naps for 1.5 hours (again, hopefully....sometimes it's 40 minutes), then is awake for about 3.5-4 hours before bed. Bedtime depends on nap length, but is usually around 6:30-7.
- He cries a few minutes before naps and usually nurses to sleep at bedtime.
- Night sleep is still hit or miss. Some times he wakes just once around 3 and sometimes he wakes before midnight and again in the early morning. Blah!
- Nursing is still going well. He eats when he wakes in the morning, after nap 1, after nap 2, and bedtime. I will occasionally give him one side between nap 2 and supper if supper will be late for him.
- Speaking of solids, he is doing great! He has tried strawberries, cheese, black beans, and I'm sure more new foods this month. So far, the only thing he hasn't liked is roasted broccoli. I happened to get a video of him with the broccoli. Pretty funny!
- Here's a video of Zeke eating roasted carrots, sweet potatoes, and green beans (and a bonus of Mae 'cooking' too).
- He's eating lunch and supper right now. I'll try to add breakfast by 9 months.
- Meal time is obviously a messy experience, so he heads to the sink or bath tub after he eats. He LOVES the water! He will laugh when I pour it over his head and splashes a lot. Here's a video of Zeke in the sink and in the bath tub.
- Zeke loves to be outside and has really started to enjoy swinging. Here's a video of him swinging. I love his giggles!
- Zeke is a busy boy! He is pulling up and beginning to cruise along the furniture and will let go and stand for a few seconds. He is crawling FAST and is pretty much into EVERYTHING.
- Taking the monthly picture was a little difficult this month because he wanted to get down and go!
- Zeke is beginning to clap on command and will hold his hand up to wave when he sees himself in the mirror or when you say "Hey Zeke!" and wave at him.
- Independent playtime is still going well. He will fuss when I put him in, but settles and plays fine as long as he doesn't see me. He will stay 20 minutes just fine. I always put him in the play pen in the morning so I can get breakfast and get dressed, then through the day as I need to, but usually just once more for a few minutes.
- My boys! He loves when anyone talks to him, but especially Bo. He smiles so big at him. :)
All of the kids at 8 months old. I can't get over how much hair Zeke has compared to the others!
Baby Zeke at 2, 4, 6, and 8 months. Growing so fast!