First, here's the pictures, since I can't remember which week we did which. We did lots of Christmas crafts, of course. Arabelle made a blue snowflake out of popsicle sticks and Bo made a green star. Both had glitter, of course.
Week 1 was 12/2-12/6 and was the 17th week of school:
- We started our Advent tree on 12/1. Each day we had an ornament (that I printed and laminated) and we traced the lineage of Jesus, beginning with Adam. Each ornament had a passage of scripture and a little prayer. We hung each day's ornament on our little 3 ft pre-lit tree. It was a neat tradition and we all enjoyed it!
- Our book of the week was Little Fir Tree and we also read several winter/Christmas themed poems from our poetry book A Child's Book of Poems.
Week 2 was from 12/9-12/13 and was the 18th week of school:
- I can't really remember much of what we did this week, but I know this was the week she had her phonics assessment for book B and she did great! She read all the words on the list correctly, including her new sight words and missed a few during dictation. She spelled all her CVC (consonant vowel consonant) words correctly and missed a few sight words.
- We also focused on the Christmas story and the kids did a Christmas play for me with the little nativity set. Arabelle was sure to point out that the wise men didn't visit Jesus at the time of his birth, but a about 2 years later.
Week 3 was 12/16-18:
- We started book C of her phonics set, which has new words with the vowel 'e'.
- We did some math review to finish up and had a "Christmas party". :)
I know we did a lot more, but we have had some busy days between then and now, so I don't remember. I'm going to try to record better this month!