Thursday, October 4, 2012

We're Alive & 8 Week Update

We are still surviving over here. I have been napping a little when Bo and Arabelle nap/rest and then going to bed early, so blogging hasn't been on the top of the list!

I hit the 8 week mark yesterday (Wednesday), so here's a little update on the pregnancy:


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 8 weeks
Size of baby: The size of a raspberry or approximately 0.63 inches. The baby is moving it's little arms and legs now!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: -3lbs at my check up last week. I lost 8 with Arabelle and Bo and made it back to the + side about half way through.
Maternity Clothes: Not for a couple more months. My sister, Lindsey, has them all! Her baby is due around Nov. 22, so I'll get them back after he's born.
Gender: I am *hoping* to talk Jared into letting this one be a surprise on delivery day. I always wanted to know ASAP with Arabelle and Bo, but since we have one of each and have everything blue and pink, I want a surprise!
Movement: Not yet.....a couple more months on that one too.
Sleep: I am SO sleepy. I don't remember being this sleepy with Arabelle and Bo, but I also wasn't taking care of 2 kids then either! I am napping about 30 minutes in the afternoon and going to bed around 9-9:30 at night and dragging out of bed around 7 each morning. It never seems like enough!
What I miss: Not being nauseated & vomiting, enjoying food and water, cooking, running
Cravings: None, but I have a TON of food aversions. The only thing I enjoy is soft drinks (and I never drink them otherwise!), but I limit the caffeinated drinks to one/day.
Symptoms: exhaustion, nausea & vomiting, some sharp pains on the right side from the ovarian cyst (found it on u/s last week...not too big and should go away on it's own), and serious food aversions.
Best Moment this week: Seeing and hearing the heartbeat last week!

I can't leave you without any photos!

We went to eat supper at DJs last Friday and I caught Arabelle and Bo holding hands on the way. :)

Arabelle's serious case of bed head:

No comments:

Post a Comment