Friday, March 2, 2012

Growin' Up!

Bo had his 18 month check-up Thursday. Arabelle was happy to tag along and skip out on the pokes and prods. She was sure to let them know that it was Bo's appointment and not hers!

Bo was 24.4 pounds (30th percentile) and 33.5 inches tall (80th percentile). Long and lean! He is actually a bit shorter and lighter than Arabelle was at 18 months! It's funny because his entire first year he was shorter but weighed a lot more than she did at the same age. He was in the 80th-90th percentile until 6 months, then slowly started dropping down the growth chart (Arabelle followed the same pattern). It's interesting because they didn't start real food until 6 months either!

This picture cracks me up! A piece of waffle, one of Arabelle's house shoes, and that look!

Bo definitely keeps me laughing with his expressions and little words. Monday, I made bacon and pancakes for breakfast. Arabelle and Bo ate a ton for breakfast, then we sent Arabelle and Jared off to school & work. I put the last couple of pancakes in the trash and started doing a bit of housework while Bo played. Next thing I know, he comes walking in eating a pancake. Yep, he'd gotten it out of the trash! It was sitting on top of a box, so I let him enjoy it. :)
He was saying "Vroooooommmm" with the flowers. 

Bo was not feeling the group photo




Also, Bo has successfully weaned from nursing! Tuesday night when he asked (I stopped offering several weeks ago), I told him it was all gone. He whined a bit, but I distracted him with books & singing and he was okay with that. He asked again on Wednesday night, but didn't even as on Thursday night! Such a big boy! It was easy and there were no tears (from Bo, anyway!). This is the first time since December 2007 that I haven't been pregnant or nursing a baby!

1 comment:

  1. Bo is such a big boy! All that hair and being so tall, he looks like he's two! I am convinced the 2nd kid grows up faster than the first!
    How do you feel about not nursing? Free woman? or a little sad?

    ReplyDelete