Friday, January 20, 2012

Arabelle's First Dentist Appointment

Arabelle had her first dentist appointment on Tuesday! I thought I did a good job talking it up. I showed her pictures of kids in the dentist chair, told her about the treat bag, etc. She was acting SO excited to go! She sat in a chair beside me while I had my teeth cleaned, watched, asked some questions, grinned at the hygienist when she talked to her, and watched cartoons. Then it was her turn.

That was when it all changed. "I don't want to have my teeth cleaned." she said quietly.

I told her she could sit in my lap. She agreed. Then it was time to open her mouth. She disagreed with that. We talked about the treat bag and drawer. She opened her mouth a few times for the hygienist to clean and that was it. She did pretty good!

These were before pictures. :)



She chose a Cinderella toothbrush, a ring, and an Ariel sticker. She also picked out a Toy Story toothbrush, bouncy ball, and Bob the Builder sticker for Bo. And, she got a Bob the Builder sticker for Connie too. ha!

4 comments:

  1. we went to the dentist this week also.Glad Arabelle's visit went well...our's? not so much. That post is coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amidst her objection, it’s nice to know that the dental appointment was successful. As parents, we’re definitely worried if our kids can make it through the checkup. Years have passed already, and I hope you’re not having any problems with Arabelle’s follow up or regular dental appointments. :)
    Gerald Regni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allowing Arabelle to watch your dental appointment first was a wise move. It’s a great way to prepare and assure her that the dentist won’t do anything to harm her. Anyway, I can only imagine how disappointed you were when she refused the teeth cleaning. It’s just the first visit. I’m sure she did great in her second appointment. How are you? :)

    Stephen Malfair

    ReplyDelete