Saturday, May 7, 2011

My journey to motherhood

Since it's Mother's Day on Sunday, I thought I'd share my journey to becoming a mother. Many of you may not know the whole story. 

I always knew I wanted to be a mother and I always wanted to be able to stay home (I am SO happy that I am able to do just that!). When we decided to start trying for a baby, we were hopeful that it would happen quickly. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. I quickly figured out that something wasn't right towards the end of summer in 2006. I don't ovulate on my own, so no egg, no baby. After a tough year and a very difficult Mother's Day in 2007, I was finally pregnant. That wasn't meant to be though and I had an early miscarriage in June of 2007. Of course, in hindsight, I can see how God was working to prepare me to be a mother and without that miscarriage, I wouldn't have the children I have now, but in that time, it was VERY difficult. It seemed like there were babies EVERYWHERE and I had been forgotten.

I finally got pregnant with Arabelle in Dec. 2007 and was a nervous wreck until I could feel her moving everyday. Mother's Day 2008 was a happy one as we awaited Sept. and Arabelle's arrival!

Shortly after Arabelle turned one, we began thinking about baby #2. We were unsure of how long it may take, considering it took 18 mo. to get pregnant with Arabelle, so we went ahead and decided to try for baby #2 in November 2009. I did have a totally different mindset the 2nd time around. My prayers weren't "Lord, give me a baby." but "Lord, bless us with another child in YOUR time and help me to understand and accept whatever that timing may be.". I went right back on the Clomid (medication that causes ovulation) in November and 2 weeks later, I got the positive test! We were so happy and shocked! Bo made his appearance in August and changed our little family for the better. I am so happy to be Arabelle and Bo's mother and have to opportunity to see them grown and change everyday as I stay home and raise them. I am also blessed to have a great husband and father by my side. :)


Mother's Day 2008--7 mo. pregnant with Arabelle

Mother's Day 2009--Arabelle was 7.5 mo. old

Mother's Day 2010 & pregnant with Bo
I am looking forward to Sunday and taking a picture with both my babies!

Mother's Day always reminds me of 2007, when we'd been trying for almost a year, and the sad feelings I had that day. So, as we honor our mothers on Sunday, take a minute to pray for those who are struggling with infertility. It is more common than you may think......

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you and Jared. Your journey brought a few tears of joy to my eyes.
    Love,
    Papa

    ReplyDelete