Friday, January 25, 2013

24 week update

Pregnancy Highlights:


  • How far along: 24 weeks 5 days 
  • Size of baby: Just over a pound and the length of an ear of corn!
  • Total weight gain: 14 lbs! I gained 4 lbs in the last 4 weeks, so right on track with the 1lb/week. I gained 20 lbs with Arabelle and Bo, but it looks like I'll get close to 30 with this one. 
  • Gender: It's a surprise!
  • Movement: Definitely a lot of movement when I get still. No painful movements yet, but it's coming, I'm sure!
  • Sleep: I'm still waiting on that energy burst that "they" say comes in the 2nd trimester. I usually get 8-9 hours at night and could handle a couple more.
  • Cravings: I've been wanting Haitian food lately. The real authentic stuff we had this past summer. I've got the chicken thawing out to marinate it over night tonight and I'm making Haitian Chicken for supper tomorrow. ;)
  • Symptoms: No more nausea!!! My back has started hurting some, if I'm not resting much during the day. I'll probably start going to the chiropractor in the next month, hoping to avoid the horrible sciatica I had with Bo!
  • Best moment of the week: I really like it when I'm cuddling Bo before bed and the baby starts wiggling a lot. 
We just listened to the heartbeat today at the Dr. appt. Next month, at 28 weeks, I'll have the standard 1 hour glucose test and start the every 4 week ultrasounds. 

I'm not really concerned about the baby's growth at this point because I can tell I'm growing a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment