- How far along: 22 weeks 3 days
- Size of baby: about 11 inches and nearly a pound!
- Total weight gain: 10 lbs.
- Gender: Still a surprise! I'm definitely feeling girl for some reason.....
- Movement: Lots of action going on in there! I don't feel a whole lot while I'm up and about, but if I sit down, the baby does a lot of wiggling around.
- Sleep: Still dragging myself out of bed in the mornings. I keep waiting for that burst of energy....
- Cravings: Nothing really.....
- Symptoms: Still nauseated off and on, but manageable.
- Best moment of the week: Arabelle felt the baby move a few days ago and she thought it was "super neat!". :)
At 20 weeks, Dr. G found a single umbilical artery on the ultrasound and referred me to a Maternal Fetal Specialist in Macon, Dr. Woodham. I saw her today and had a level 2 ultrasound to check the rest of the baby a bit closer and to get her opinion.
Here's the full body shot (you can click it to make it larger):
And I didn't realize until we got home, but the picture also shows a cross section of the umbilical cord and you can see the 2 vessels (1 artery and 1 vein)...pretty neat!
Everything else looked fine with the baby. I sure wish she would have told me it was normal for her to spend 15 minutes checking the heart because I was starting to worry (an u/s tech did the u/s, then I saw the Dr. for results)! Dr. Woodham just recommends having growth scans every 4 weeks to make sure the baby is still growing well and I can have those done at Dr. G's office in Douglas. As long as the baby continues to grow well and doesn't drop below the 10th percentile, there's no reason to induce labor early.
Today I was 22 weeks and 3 days and all the measurements read between 22 weeks and 2 days and 22 weeks and 5 days, so right on track!
As you can see, the baby is growing just fine and so am I! :)