Thursday, February 2, 2012

What we've been up to

We've been having a nice week! The weather has been wonderful and that always helps. :)

Monday, I tried a new recipe, Ranch Crock Pot Pork Chops. The pork chops turned out good, but the best part was the garlic parm. mashed potatoes. Arabelle helped me make them and licked the beaters afterwards! You would have thought it was cake batter! 


We had a scary night Monday night. Arabelle woke up at 2am and was crying. I crawled in bed with her and she cuddled right up to me and started dozing back off. All of a sudden, she was climbing and clawing at me, screaming and yelling about monsters and she wanted to get OUT of her room. It scared me to death! I took her in the kitchen and turned on the lights and settled her down. I realized she was warm & checked her temperature. It was 102.5, so I gave her Motrin & took her to our bed. She proceeded to flip out every few minutes about alligators, crocodiles, monsters, sharks, dolphins, etc. She was terrified and it was awful. 

We let her watch Mickey Mouse at 3am, which helped distract her some, but she still couldn't settle down to go to sleep. Finally, she said she wanted to get out of our room, so I took her to the couch and she fell back asleep on me (at 4 am). She woke up absolutely fine...no fever, didn't seem to remember much except watching Mickey Mouse.  Her pediatrician said some kids can have hallucinations with a high fever, but to take her in if it happened again. 

She has been talking about scary things the last few days, so if you see us, don't mention monsters, etc! ;)

Tuesday morning, Arabelle and Bo were SO busy playing. I think they were going to school here. Arabelle had her backpack on, my heels (which I've put up high...I've only got one pair and they were running them ragged!), and beads.


We also did some painting Tuesday morning. We got started on some Valentine's Day crafts. We used a toilet paper roll, shaped it like a heart, and did some stamping. Arabelle really liked that.
Bo just kind of tore it up and smushed the paint around...he had fun though!



Wednesday, I had to go to Macon, so Arabelle and Bo spent the day at Mamaw & Papaw's house. Here they are having a picnic lunch! I got back to find them eating chocolate delight and had a dish to bring home with me. Thanks Mamaw!

Today we just hung out at home, played a lot, and rested. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment