Saturday, November 22, 2014

16 weeks and it's a boy!

Ahhh, the Dr. appointment we've been so excited about! Wednesday, at my 16 week appointment, Dr. G did his freebie ultrasound and showed us if we were having a boy or a girl. Most OB offices have an ultrasound tech do all their ultrasounds and find out gender at the 20 week appt, so it's really nice to have the Dr do them and that he does this free sneak peek a month earlier than most people get them!

Here's a few pictures of our baby BOY!!! I'll try to explain them in case you can't tell what is what.

This is a profile picture with the head on the right of your screen.


This is the baby's face looking up with the hand right beside it's face. That dark circle on the head is the eye.

Close up of the baby's profile. I love that I can already see his nose and lips!

This is your money shot. It's not the best view we got, but pretty obvious there. You're looking at the baby's bottom from the underside (sorry baby!).

Alien baby view....baby's facing looking up. I have one of Bo like this and they already favor. Ha!

Pregnancy highlights:

  • How far along: 16 weeks 3 days today. 
  • Size of the baby: About 4.5 inches long and the size of an avocado
  • Total weight gain: Back up to the positive side! +4 lbs. 
  • Maternity clothes: Yes, when I put on regular clothes, which isn't very often! I live in stretch fleece or cotton pants at home. Regular shirts for now. 
  • Gender: BOY!!! So excited that we get to have two girls and two boys! I couldn't have planned it any better! We ended up taking all the kids with us to the appointment because Mae and Bo were sick and couldn't go to pre-school. It was a zoo in that tiny room. Dr G measured the heart rate first, then started looking for the gender. I saw it immediately and said, "It's a boy!!!". He confirmed I was right and we were all so excited! Bo said, "I was right!" pretty quickly. Arabelle didn't say much, but was grinning. 
  • Sleep: I had a good 7-10 days of sleep between colds. Back to coughing and sleeping sitting up because I'm too stuffed up to lay flat. :(
  • What I miss: energy, enjoying food and water.
  • Cravings: Not hating food quite as much as I had been. Not really craving anything though. 
  • Symptoms: Nausea is fading away!!!! I have to eat pretty quickly in the morning and take the Zofran and keep snacking all day to keep it at bay. It gets worse in the evenings no matter what. 
Overall, feeling a bit better than 2 weeks ago and hoping to be feeling 100% in a couple more weeks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment