I can't believe Mae is already 9 months old! That's awfully close to planning a first birthday. She is changing and growing so much each month!
- Mae is still on the same routine/schedule as last month. She's waking up around 7 (+/- 15 min), napping around 9am and 1:30 for about 1-1.5 hours and going to bed around 6:45-7:00. She's started crying for a few minutes before her naps in the last week, but goes to bed without a peep still.
- She's nursing 4x/day still too....morning, after naps, and bedtime. She does get distracted, so Mae and I hide out for those after nap nursing sessions.
- Her night sleep is pretty consistent these days. She wakes up around 3-4 am, nurses off one side, and goes back down easily. Sometimes she'll sit up when I put her back in the crib, but she almost always just lays down and sucks her thumb and goes to sleep.
- I did leave her for an afternoon/evening for the consignment sale and left some pumped milk in a sippy cup for her, but she wouldn't drink it. She did go to bed fine for Jared though, so it's nice to know I can be away if I need to be!
- Arabelle and Bo can't get enough of Mae's sugar. :)
- Mae is a great eater! She's having 3 meals a day now. I feel like she's ALWAYS eating, between her 3 table meals and nursing 4 times a day.
- She has liked almost anything I've given her. She loves diced up grapes, banana, chili, grilled cheese, garbanzo beans, scrambled eggs, yogurt and much more!
- The only things she doesn't like so far is steamed broccoli and avocado.
- She's eating all this food with no teeth!
- She is on the go! She crawls super fast, pulls up one handed, gets up on one knee/foot, and sometimes lets go and stand alone for several seconds. Arabelle always starts clapping and cheering for her when she does it!
- Last Sunday morning, she was playing with this beach ball while I was fixing breakfast and I looked over to see her standing up holding it. I think she had pushed herself up with it, then picked it up. I was surprised!
- She's been sticking her tongue out a lot too when she smiles. It's so cute!
- She has started walking behind the push car outside and will push the laundry basket around the house.
- She loves to babble and giggle. Still no "mama", but lots of "dada" and "baba" still. She also does something that sounds like "dra" for Drake the dog. She is very interested in him!
- She finally is enjoying the bathtub. She hasn't ever cried through it, but hasn't wanted to SIT and get a bath. Now she'll splash and play with toys. She definitely NEEDS a bath every night!
- Here she is giggling in the car a couple of weeks ago:
- I still think Mae favors Arabelle more than Bo, even though everyone tells me she favors Bo! Here is Arabelle at 8.5 mo. and Mae at 9 mo.
- All 3 at 9 months old.
This year is going by too fast! We are loving this time with baby Mae. :)