Wednesday, February 20, 2013

28 week update

28 weeks! It's officially the 3rd trimester!


  • How far along: 28 weeks 3 days
  • Size of baby: I had an u/s today and the baby's estimated weight was 2 lb and 14 oz! That's the 53rd percentile. Since the umbilical cord has just one artery instead of two, the baby is expected to be 'smaller'. I asked Dr. G to look back and see what Bo was measuring at his ultrasounds. I didn't have one at this point with Bo, but at 20 weeks, he was in the 50th percentile and at 35 weeks he was in the 75th percentile. So, this baby may not be so 'small' after all!
  • Total weight gain: 19 lbs so far. I did start 5 lbs under my 'normal' weight thanks to the half marathon training, so maybe that's why I'm going to gain a bit more? Still on track to gain about 30 pounds (been going 1lb/week for a while now).
  • Gender: Still a surprise! 
  • Movement: The baby moves a ton now! I had the glucose test today. About 5 minutes after drinking the sugary beverage, the baby started going nuts! I guess he/she likes sugar. :)
  • Sleep: Still sleeping okay. I'm generally so tired by the end of the day that I crash quickly and sleep pretty hard. By morning, I'm ready to get up by 7 because I can't handle laying in bed a long time. 
  • Cravings: It's kind of disappointing, but I'm not craving anything! I still don't like steak or hamburgers, thanks to the 1st trimester aversions. I tried some of Jared's steak last week...yuck!
  • Symptoms: Having a little bit of sciatica now and then, so I started going to the chiropractor a couple of weeks ago. I'm hoping that going on a regular basis will keep things feeling okay. 
  • What's next: I get one more 4 week break between Dr. appointments, then I'll be there every week until the end. Next appt (32 weeks) starts the weekly non-stress tests and every 2 week ultrasounds to monitor the baby's growth.

There is no longer any doubt about there being a baby in there!

28 weeks

I did share this on Facebook a few weeks ago, comparing the 'bump' with Arabelle and Bo to this one. Most people replied guessing a girl this time!

25-26 week comparisons
So, what's your guess???

No comments:

Post a Comment