Thursday, September 27, 2012

Baby #3

Shocked, thankful, surprised, scared, excited, elated,....did I say SHOCKED!

Those were the thoughts swirling through my head on Wednesday, September 5th. You see, I woke up that morning with a migraine. I had gotten a few in the Spring and Summer and was irritated that I had another one. I had one early in my pregnancies with Arabelle and Bo, but didn't even consider that a pregnancy was possible.

If you remember, I had to take Clomid, a fertility drug, to conceive Arabelle and Bo. It never really crossed my mind that it could happen with out the Clomid. I mean, I was using my brain and thought I knew what was going on in my body. Guess not.

That Wednesday evening, a friend text me to see how I was feeling from the migraine and asked if I could be pregnant. I kind of laughed to myself at the thought. Then I got to thinking about it. When we got home from church that night, I had convinced myself to just take a test. I was irritated at myself for wasting a pregnancy test the whole time I was testing. I couldn't believe it when 2 pink lines popped up right away! Completely shocked!!!


Jared didn't seem to be as surprised as me, but then again, it's hard to get a good surprise reaction from him anyway. He did want me to get another test just to be sure. ;)

We were in a bit of shock, so we didn't tell anyone for a few days. That weekend, we told my parents while we were visiting, then Jared's parents and the rest of our families that next week. 

Before we shared the news with others, we told Arabelle and Bo. I figured Arabelle would have an interesting reaction, so I set up the tripod and made a video. 


Then Arabelle wanted me to make another video:

We got a lot of "we expected this" and "I was wondering when this was going to happen!" replies. Funny, because we were completely surprised! We WERE planning on a 3rd child in a few months. We know God's timing is much better than ours and His way is best! 

In the 3 weeks since finding out about the baby, I've become more and more sick. Just like the last 2 pregnancies. :( Please pray for us, as I try to be the wife and mother that I want to be. It's been really difficult, especially grocery shopping and cooking. 

Fortunately, Arabelle and Bo were born big, healthy babies, so I'm not too worried about this baby not getting the nutrients he/she needs. He/she may just sap me of everything I've got!

I had my first appointment today and the baby looked great! Heart rate was 150 and the baby measured 7 weeks and 3 days and due May 15th!

Both Arabelle and Bo were late and born on the 20th of their birth months, so I'm betting on May 20th. That'd be pretty easy to remember!

Oh yes, Arabelle thinks we should name the baby "Arabella" if it's a girl. ha!

I'm sure there will be lots of baby updates along the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment