Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Busy day!

We had quite an interesting day. You know that saying "There are only 2 kinds of snakes. Live ones and dead ones."? I like the dead ones. I took the kids out to play around 11:00 today. We were walking down the driveway to the mail box when I saw a BIG snake laying right out in front of the house. Now, I can't stand any kind of reptiles. Long story short, I put Arabelle in her swing to keep her in one spot and kept an eye on the snake while Jared got in touch with a buddy of his to come over and kill it for me. About 30 minutes after I first saw it, it had slithered all the way to the back yard, through the fence, right by the back steps, and across the back yard. It was about to go through the back fence when he got here to kill it. It was an Oak snake, but really big for that kind. He was about 3.5 feet long! I had promised Arabelle a treat when she was in the swing, so right when he killed it, Arabelle yelled "I want a treat!". ;)

I had told Arabelle this morning that we would have a picnic lunch, so despite the snake incident, we still had the picnic. I was pretty paranoid about snakes the rest of the day though!
Picnic!

Bo would rather sit and play with the leaves and grass.

Silly girl! She looks so grown up here to me.
Also, Bo has started crawling forward a little! He has been going backwards for a few weeks and can now go forward if there's something he REALLY wants. Check him out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEHeJYMukM

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun picnic! Scary snakes..ewwwww.

    Bo is going to be tearing it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate snakes too! Glad ya'll got it though. It looks like ya'll had a fun picnic! Great weather for one!

    ReplyDelete