Saturday, May 24, 2014

Mae is 12 months old!

Well, May 2013-May 2014 has been the fastest year of my life! I can't believe Mae is a year old.

I have loved taking Mae's picture every month with her beautiful quilt (Thank you Aunt Kay!!!). She has grown and changed so much each month.


  •  Mae continues on the same routine as the last several months. Waking around 7 am, nap around 9 and 1:30, and bedtime at 7-7:30. I am LOVING the 2 naps/day and hoping to hang on to that morning nap through the summer. 
  • She has also slept all night for the last month. It has been AMAZING!


  •  Mae still has just the two bottom teeth. I love to see them when she grins! 
  • Mae is still nursing 3 times a day (morning, after the afternoon nap, and bedtime). She drinks almond milk with lunch and supper and eats plenty of cheese and yogurt. I'll be dropping the afternoon session soon and then drop the other feeds by mid-July. I will certainly miss the closeness and cuddles, but mostly feel ready to be done. 


  •  I think she had a growth spurt last week because she was eating a TON of food. She generally eats a good bit anyway, but she was so hungry! She'd eat all on her tray, then yell, "nack, nack!!!(snack)" until I gave her more. 
  • Favorite foods are cheese, yogurt, blueberries (thank you, Sambo!), strawberries, and bananas.
  • She's eating 3 meals and 2 snacks still and definitely wants to steal anyone's food!  


  • Mae is quite the talker! I can't understand a lot of what she says (obviously), but new words this month are snack ("nack!!!"), Mama (finally!), and Arabelle ("aba"). She loves to point and talk. 



  • I packed up all her 9 mo. clothes and pulled out the 12 and 18 mo. things. Her 12 mo. PJs are already too short, so she's in the 18 mo. PJs. I love seeing her in Arabelle's old baby clothes. :)
  • And now that she's a toddler, she's learned how to throw a fit....it ranges from pouting to full on crying/whining and rolling around the floor. So fun. :)
  • Her 12 mo. check up is next week and I'm excited to see her measurements! She seemed so petite  for so long, but now she looks tall to me. 
  • Mae loves to go outside and will run for the door when I ask, "Do you want to go outside?". She also loves to swing on the front porch and cries when it's time to go inside. 
  • She's such a cuddler and loves to hug and kiss. 
  • She's starting to RUN and loves to be chased. Here's a video from a couple of weeks ago: 

Arabelle, Bo, and Mae at one year old. I still think Mae favors Arabelle more than Bo, but I think they are all such cute babies. :)


 Here is Bo's 12 month review.










No comments:

Post a Comment