Saturday, December 20, 2014

20 weeks with baby #4

We are half way to meeting our new baby boy!!!

The 20 week appointment is when we have the in-depth ultrasound of the baby to make sure he has everything he's supposed to have (4 chamber heart, 2 kidneys, correct brain anatomy, etc.), so I had the babysitter stay with the kids while I went. The baby's head was so low that he didn't get any good pictures of the baby's profile and had trouble seeing all the brain anatomy, but he was able to see everything eventually.

Pregnancy highlights:

  • How far along: 20 weeks on 12/17/14
  • Size of baby: about the size of a banana, 10 inches from head to heel. On the u/s, the baby measured in the 57th percentile. 
  • Weight gain: I think I'm up around 10 lb now and should gain at least a pound a week from here on out....looking like another 30 lb gain, at least!
  • Maternity clothes: Yes to maternity pants, but regular shirts are still okay. 
  • Gender: Definitely a BOY!!!
  • Movement: Feeling some little kicks and bumps in there, mainly when I'm sitting/resting. 
  • Sleep: Sleeping pretty well at night! I know it won't be long before it's difficult to roll over and get comfy, so I'm enjoying it while I can. 
  • Cravings: I've been eating a lot of pizza the last couple of weeks and just really enjoying most food again!
  • Symptoms: Still nauseated in the evenings and really hating the thought of red meat....yuck! Not having to take the Zofran anymore. 
As you can see, this baby boy is out there now! Arabelle took this on Wednesday. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment